1935: Alloy Bellows is founded as a premium, precision welding company in the basement of William Eden in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
1956: Alloy Bellows grows from the basement, to the garage, to larger facilities in Cleveland, developing solid, core skills and technologies in the welding, brazing, and soldering of small parts with high tolerances, and the assembly of precision bellows products in valving for a wide variety of markets. Two skilled workers, John Kanuch and Robert Danielson, then purchase Alloy Bellows to continue its growth.
1992: As Kanuch and Danielson think of retirement, the Young family purchases Alloy Bellows, and in 1997 expand the company into state-of-the-art facilities in Highland Heights, an east side Cleveland suburb.
1998: Alloy Bellows acquires Flexible Metal Technologies, a bellows manufacturer, and moves the operation to its Cleveland facility. The acquisition allow Alloy Bellows to grow its proprietary line of Bellows Assemblies.
2003: Alloy Bellows first becomes ISO 9000 certified. A focus on consistent quality and on-time order fulfillment is set.
2006: With a desire to grow Alloy Bellows with new technologies and products, Michael Canty takes over the company as its President, CEO and equity partner. The remaining equity is purchased from the Youngs in 2009.
2007: Alloy Bellows continues to expand with added CNC machining capabilities, improved continuous thin-walled tube production, and the development of a broadened array of bellows production capabilities. New equipment allows for different types of bellows to be produced, with a wider array of sizes.
2007: Laser Tech, an edge welded bellows company with new technologies for producing edge welded bellows is purchased and moved to Alloy Bellows’ Cleveland facilities.
2008: Alloy Bellows continues to grow its “one stop” capabilities with additional CNC machining equipment and more automated welding equipment. Clean room welding and assembly operations are added to Alloy Bellows for UHP and semi-conductor markets, further enhancing our clean “chamber” welding capabilities.
2008: Alloy Bellows acquires its own NDT (non destructive testing) capabilities for testing the quality of weldments and castings through X-Ray (digital and film) and FPI (Fluorescent Penetration Inspection). Level III and Level II Radiographers are added to the Staff. This technology helps Alloy Bellows continuously test production work in-house, reducing both cost and lead times, and in the quick development of new products.
2009: Alloy Bellows achieves its ISO:9001:2008 and AS 9100 certifications as it grows its aerospace and semi-conductor business.
2010: Alloy Bellows becomes NADCAP certified for it NDT (Non Destructive Testing) facilities.